Do you struggle with any of the following eating or food issues?
- Preoccupation with food
- Restrictive eating, calorie counting
- Rigid eating, limited variety of foods
- Orthorexia (preoccupation with food quality/composition)
- Bingeing, feeling out of control around food
- Purging, diet pills, laxative abuse
- Emotional over-eating, mindless eating
- Compulsive exercise, exercise to compensate for caloric intake
- Decisions regarding bariatric surgery; post-surgery challenges
Do you ever desire freedom from these struggles? Reestablishing trust in your body is possible!
What does your relationship with food tell us about your relationship with yourself?
Think about these questions with regard to food and how you live in general...
Do you tend to deprive yourself and feel unworthy? Do you want to disappear? Are you terrified?
Do you often feel dissatisfied? Do you feel like it's never enough? Do you struggle to get your needs met?
Do you feel disconnected from yourself while you are eating? Do you feel numb or empty?
Does eating, or thinking about food, serve as a way to soothe or comfort yourself? Do your emotions feel messy or unmanageable?