A collaborative treatment.
Psychotherapy is a collaborative treatment, based on the professional relationship between the patient and the psychologist. Together we will identify the patterns that are keeping you stuck, and work to change them. That process involves evaluating what is working and what isn't, bringing into conscious awareness some of your unconscious conflicts, and building new ways of managing life demands so that you may freely discard the old, less adaptive ways of coping.
Psychotherapy with me will involve:
- Identifying therapeutic goals
- Building a therapeutic relationship based on trust and authenticity
- Determining your personal strengths and assets and capitalizing on them
- Becoming curious about what is driving your symptoms/distress and reducing those negative experiences
- Developing increased self-awareness
- Developing new perspectives, ways of managing emotions, communicating, being in the world
- Working toward positive change and reaching your full potential